Saturday, July 4, 2009

Introducing Emory Ayn Haas

Emory was born on July 2 at 11:13 a.m. It was by far the quickest and easiest delivery I have ever had. We checked in at 5:30 a.m. I had my epidural by 7:30 and then all of a sudden she was here! It was perfect. Both of my sisters and my parents were here to see Emory right away and help with Liberty. Everyone had the opportunity to hold and snuggle her at the hospital.
1st time Liberty held her baby sister
Libs was the first to hold her when we got home.

The night we spent in the hospital was a little rough. Scott ended up having to come home to comfort Liberty who, as you might imagine, was a little overwhelmed. So, that left me to care for Emory solo. All I can say is she is an amazing eater. I spent the entire night feeding a little girl who apparently wasn't satified that there wasn't any milk yet. Needless to say, by the time we got home yesterday afternoon, I was exhuasted. Thanks to my wonderful husband I did get a little sleep last night. He took the first shift and woke me up when she needed to eat, which is about every two hours. She finally slept from about 4:30 to 8:30 which was oh so nice!

Liberty is absolutely in love with her. She constantly wants to hold her and always makes sure she has a blanket and stuffed animal nearby. She is looking forward to giving Emory her first bottle. Yesterday afternoon she was holding Emory and they both fell asleep curled up in the boppy pillow. It was so cute. Everyone is just so worn out from all the excitment.

So far this is what we know about our newest addition...

Emory is a great eater. She latched on perfectly the very first time.
She also loves her binky already. If she isn't attached to me, she wants her binky :).
She also loves to be held and snuggled close.
She doesn't want to sleep by herself, so I slept on the couch with her most of the night.
She is already moving her head around and holding it up by herself for brief moments.
She likes to be rocked and bounced.
She has so much hair! Way more than both her sisters.
She is our biggest baby as far as weight goes, but our shortest in length.
She looks like Scott--just like all of our girls do!

Look at this hair!

We have spent the morning comparing her to Liberty and Lilly when they were just hours old. She is very similar to Liberty was and so much different than Lilly. We are so in love with her and feel incredibly blessed to have her home with us.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy. She is amazing!! I can't wait to hold her and see her up close. Love you guys. Let me know when you are ready for visitors

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and looks so much like Liberty! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to snuggle her!! Congratulations on another beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Wonderful!!! We can't wait to see you all and hold that precious girl! We are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    congratulations to you and Scott, she is beautiful. i cannot believe how big Liberty is...as for Lily, i was out of town over her birthday and I just wanted to send you a belated birthday wish for her. She may be in heaven but she is still very much alive in the memories and I wanted to let you know how blessed you are and what a wonderful example you are to all of us!!
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete