Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Since this was officially our last weekend before Liberty started school, we tried to make it extra special for her.  Although our schedule won't change much, I wanted her to feel the significance of the end of summer and the start of the school year.  I tried to think about the things that were the most special for me when I started school each year.  I decided my two favorite things were getting new school clothes and buying school supplies ( I still love school supplies!)  So, on Saturday we headed out to buy Liberty a new outfit for the first day of school.  She really wanted a new dress.  I tried to talk her into a really cute pair of jeans and a new shirt.  We didn't end up with either!  The store we went to didn't have a cute dress in her size and she refused to even consider buying jeans.  She ended up with this leopard print shirt with matching cordoroy pants and jacket.  Once she settled on this I decided to buy her a pair of shoes too.  The outfit turned out absolutely precious even though it was a little warm for September.  It did seem kind of wierd to get her all dressed up for the first day of school just to go and sit at our kitchen table, but she really liked the idea and again it helped stress the beginning of a new school year. Coming soon are details on her first week of school at our homeschool blog (http://www.thehaasschool.blogspot.com/). 
After shopping we headed to lunch at Liberty's favorite restaurant only to get there and find it closed down.  So, we settled for her second favorite, Chilis.  On Sunday night we took Liberty to the drive-in to see G-Force and on Monday my parents came in for a short visit.  Mom bought Liberty 3 big floor puzzles while we were shopping in Guthrie.  Each one will go with a different unit we are studying (sea creatures, dinosaurs, and wild animals).  I love puzzles!   We packed as much fun as we could into three days and were ready to start school on Tuesday.
Emory continues to grow faster and faster.  At two months old she has decided she needs to be swaddled to sleep at night.  I tried to swaddle her from the beginning, but when she was about 2 weeks old she refused to be wrapped up and would fight and cry.  Last week I noticed that she was spending a great deal of time at night being extremely fidgety and fussy.  After several nights of neither one of us getting much sleep, I decided to try swaddling again.  Instantly she was back to sleeping between 3-5 hours at a time.  That is the only big change recently.  She is still eating every 3 hours and is the happiest baby ever.  She loved her Nana and Papa coming to town to visit.  She enjoyed all the extra snuggling and attention :).

No comments:

Post a Comment