Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lots of changes

I am desperately ready to have this baby girl! My back, legs, feet, and stomach are screaming from all the extra weight. I think I have gained around 24 lbs, which is significantly more than I have gained with my previous two. The only time I'm comfortable is when I'm laying down and even then I don't remain comfortable for long. The good news is I only have 3 more scheduled doctor appointments before Emory makes her grand entrance. Despite my discomfort, the pregnancy is going really well and I am so thankful.

In other news, Scott was laid off about two weeks ago. It came as quite a surprise even though many people have been laid off from the company he was working for. We have spent the last couple of weeks going through a million different scenarios, trying to decide the best course of action. We definitely don't want to rush into any big, life-changing decisions. There are already a few things in the works right now that may prove to be just what we have both been looking for. Details to come if things come together.

Despite the stress that comes from Scott losing his job, Liberty and I couldn't be more thankful for the extra time we have with him. It has been like and extended vacation and we are really enjoying the time together. Too bad it didn't happen after Emory was born--that would have been ideal :). I am still taking full advantage and putting him to work around the house. Nothing like having my wonderful husband around while I'm in the "nesting" phase of my pregnancy. There is plently to do and I'm too tired to do it myself!

I have also had to start cooking again since the budget doesn't allow for eating out. I HATE to cook. I'm actually not a terrible cook, I just don't like doing it. I have a fabulous new cookbook though that has tons of make ahead meals in it. I currently have 5 meals in the freezer! How awesome is that. Plus, my wonderful husband has been cooking a ton. I truly am getting spoiled.

Well, its off to tackle the next cabinet to clean out and organize. Baby will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy!!! Wow, your due date is coming really fast now, huh??? Hopefully it is fast for you!!!
    I read with interest your post on public education because many years ago, God called us to put our precious daughters in public school. It has not always been an easy road but I would not trade all the ways we have seen God's hand move in our lives and the lives of our precious children. This is not meant to get you to change your mind about homeschooling Liberty...I support that decision. Only, I would like for you to see public school from a different point of view.
    This post http://spirittosoul.blogspot.com/2009/05/im-very-proud-momma.html tells about the award our oldest daughter recently received at her public high school.
    Thank you for not shying away from sharing your heart! We look forward to exciting baby news soon!!!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I am so excited for this new little life! I absolutely cannot wait to meet her. I will be praying that everything comes together for your family perfectly! I'd like to come up there as soon after you have her as possible and help out. I hope Henry's here by then!

    ReplyDelete