Saturday, November 7, 2009

Four Months Old



This post is a little late because we were out of town, but our Emory is four months old!  I say it every month, but I can't believe it!  Time is flying by SO fast.  She is currently at one of my favorite baby ages--the phase where they are fully becoming aware of their surroundings and developing appropriate responses.  Her little personality is really coming through now.

My favorite thing about this month is that she has started making all kinds of new sounds.  Its like she has discovered that the sounds coming out of her mouth are actually hers!  She is exploring her full range and talking up a storm.  She has also started laughing more.  I never know what is going to make her laugh, but fake sneezes seem to be a consistent favorite!  This video of her talking is too cute (if you are reading this on facebook, you have to go to my blog to see it--too cute!)



She is still waking up at least once a night to eat, depending on what time I feed her before we go to bed.  She is now able to go 8 hours without eating, although she rarely does :).  Our chunky monkey now weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pounds.  I will know for sure on Monday when I take her for her 4 month WCC.

In between feeding she is sleeping fairly well.  She no longer needs to be swaddled.  However, she has developed quite an attachment to her pink and white blankie.  She thinks she needs it to both take naps and sleep at night.  She grabs it with both of her hands and rubs it on her little face until she falls asleep.  It is possibly the most adorable thing I have ever seen.  The only problem she seems to have sleeping is when her binkie falls out of her mouth.  Sometimes it doesn't bother her and other times it wakes her up and I have to give it back to her.  Its really annoying when it happens.



Until yesterday she has shown no interest in rolling over.  However, yesterday she started rolling onto her side, so I expect she will be rolling over in the next few weeks.  I also learned yesterday that I can no longer leave her unattened on the furniture.  Even though she is not rolling over, she is strong enough to kick herself to the edge of the couch and push herself off.  Or, in this particular instance, do a complete backflip and land on her face!



She doesn't appear to be getting any more hair.  It is now completely blond and virtually translucent.  You have to look closely to see that she has any at all except for this one particularly long piece that sticks straight up on top.

I have also discovered that she has very elfish-like ears.  They stick out only on the top, which make them look more enormous than they actually are.  Aparently this is genetic because her Great Great Grandfather has the exact same ears.

She is also developing better hand/eye coordination and can sometimes grab objects she sees.  This skill is still being developed and she is only successful a fraction of the time.

She is now big enough and has enough coordination and head control to play in her exersaucer and other similar toys.  She still really loves to swing.  I am going to have to find her a bigger swing since she is quickly approaching the weight limit on her infant swing.







She still likes to nurse every 3 hours or so.  I am trying to stretch that to 31/2 hours whenever possible.  She definitely isnt lacking in the calorie department.  I have decided to wait until she is 6 months to start solid foods.  So far she doesn't seem to mind :).

She still doesn't seem to mind when other people want to hold her although her Mommy is still her favorite person.  She still loves to be talked to and will smile and giggle at just about anyone.  She continues to be one of the best babies I have ever known.  She rarely cries and is so easy to please and entertain.

We are all still so captivated by her.  Liberty always whispers in Emory's ear that she loves her more than anyone else in the whole world--more than Mommy loves her and more than Daddy loves her.  We are so blessed to have her and we are all so in love with her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Amy, I know I say this all the time, but Emory is GORGEOUS!!! She really, really is!! I'm so happy for your sweet little blessing!

    ReplyDelete