Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Girls Day Out

Scott had to work on Saturday, so Liberty and I decided we would have a girls day out. We started with Liberty getting a badly needed haircut. She looks oh so cute now. I wish I could grow her hair out long, but the longer it gets the worse it looks. After her haircut we headed to Red Robin for lunch. This is always a great treat for all of us. Liberty loves it because she get a balloon. I have yet to figure out what is so exciting about a balloon and why an almost 6-year-old would still be interested in them. Nonetheless, a balloon still provides loads of enjoyment for Liberty. Emory also had a good time. I have been axiously awaiting the age when I can give her a french fry in a restaurant to occupy her while the rest of us eat. While this may have been premature, I decided to go a ahead and give her the opportunity to lick her first french fry (and what better fry to lick for the first time than a Red Robin steak fry!) She didn't eat a single bite, but instead immediatedly proceeded to smash it up and smear it all over the table. It was awesome and still achieved the desired result which was giving me the opportunity to eat my burger in peace without simultaneously haveing to shake and object in front of her or keep her from pulling every single item within reach off the table! Anyone who dines with small children knows how important this is. By the time she got her french fry, I had already had to retrieve her weeble twice, from underneath someone else's table, after she had thrown it across the aisle.

She is licking her lips like she is going to eat it. I guess smashing it unrecognizable and creating potato art seemed more appealing.

After lunch, we headed to Sweet and Sassy to pamper Liberty's tiny toes. She has been wanting to do this forever. I hesitated to spend the money on such frivolity, but she LOVED it. Her feet looked so fancy and she was so proud. Emory also enjoyed it and came out looking all sparkly from sitting in glitter while watching Liberty.


So fun! I love have my tiny little girlfriends!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy- this is Jenny Markmiller from FLOCK @ the Castors. Your blog is beautiful! And LOVE the girls day out. How fun. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete