Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Emory

My little princess turns 1 today.  I am so thankful for her.  Her little smile has brought so much healing and joy to our lives.  I have enjoyed every single second with her—taking in so much and not taking anything for granted.  She is so different from her sisters and experiencing the past 12 months with her has been so wonderful.

She is growing so fast.  I am very excited to take her to her 12 month check-up to see what she weighs and how long she is.  If I had to guess I would say she is still in the 50th percentile.  She’s not skinny but she isn’t fat either.  She’s just right :).

Her hair is finally growing and I can get a little pony tail on top of her head.  This is my favorite thing because I can put a big bow in her hair.  She won’t leave headbands on anymore.

Her smile is still the best thing about her.  Her whole face smiles, not just her little mouth.  When she smiles you can’t help but smile back.  She doesn’t laugh as much as she used to but when she does its hilarious.  Once she starts laughing she can’t hardly stop.  Whatever Liberty does just keeps her rolling.  She giggles more often.  She has this giggle she does when she gets something she wants, like if you give her her bottle or pick her up when she’s upset.  It always makes me feel like a hero when I hear it because I know I’ve done something to make her happy.

She is still scooting around on her bottom.  Everywhere we go people just think its the greatest thing they have ever seen.  Very few people have actually seen a baby get around in such a way.  Scott and I, of course, think its the best.  Especially since Liberty did it as well.

About 3 weeks ago I weaned her and started giving her a bottle.  This wasn’t my plan, but terrible headaches and a medicated momma didn’t go well with breastfeeding.  She took to the bottle immediately.  I have to admit it hurt my feelings a little bit.  She didn’t even care that she couldn’t nurse anymore as long as she had her bottle.  She immediately started sleeping better and didn’t demand to be feed every two hours at night…interesting.  She will also drink out of a Sippy cup.  She is not a huge fan of water.  I usually fill her cup to the top with water and put a few drop of juice in it.

She is really great at eating a variety of foods.  She will eat just about anything, but prefers I make her food.  Her favorite is bananas.  She LOVES them.  She also really likes the Gerber Graduate Crunchies.  Chicken is another favorite.  Its one of the only foods I can get her to eat in larger quantities.  While she likes variety, its a real chore to get her to eat very much at one time.

Her new favorite thing to do is to put things away.  She likes to put her toys in the basket or put pencils in drawers.  Really she just likes to put any object anywhere she can stick it.  The other day she was in the bathroom and she picked Liberty’s swimsuit off the floor and put it in the trash.  I am constantly finding graham crackers, cheerios, and gold fish stuck in places like her toy box.  Whenever she does something she is particularly proud of, like putting a straw in a cup, she will clap her hands.  She also expects that everyone else recognize her achievement by clapping as well.

She is not pulling up yet, but trying by getting to her knees.  If I stand her up she can stand for quite awhile.  She can also transfer herself from the coffee table to the couch if its close enough.  Other than that, no signs of walking.

She loves to wave a blow kisses.  She has a special way of giving kisses with her finger.  She points at you and you have to touch her finger tip with yours and she says “OOO Wah.”  The cutest things ever!!

She really is the best.  I’m so proud to be her momma.  I can’t wait to watch her grow for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment