Monday, September 27, 2010

Trip to Texas

IMG_0875I am calling the month of September “Fall Break” due to the fact that we basically took the entire month off.  I know, most kids just started school and here I am already taking a break.  To my credit, we did start school in July, so I still think we are ahead of the game :).

This past week, the girls and I went to Texas to visit my parents.  We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the farm—probably for the last time before cold weather comes.  We spent a ton of time outdoors and the weather couldn’t have been more beautiful.  One of Liberty’s fav things to do is ride horses.  She is finally old enough to ride by herself and she thinks she is such a big girl.  Emory didn’t know whether she liked it or not.  Nonetheless, I did manage to actually get her on the horse.  In addition to riding, my Dad also has a new horse drawn cart he bought from an Amish man a few weeks ago.  It is super fun and we all thought it was great!

IMG_0884IMG_0901

IMG_0898

Emory, Liberty, and Hannah

IMG_0842

Papa’s new toy :)

We also just spent a lot of time playing on the ginormous swing set.  Emory has decided that she is big enough to slide by herself and it is absolutely priceless.  I wish I had better video of her actually going it alone, but here’s what I have.

IMG_0879

Just having fun playing outside!

IMG_0886IMG_0859

Seriously, aren’t these the cutest babies EVER!

IMG_0855IMG_0807

 

 

 

One

One of the major highlights for Liberty was Nana and Papa’s new kittens.  You would think she doesn’t have a kitten of her own at home.  She carried those poor little things around for 4 days.  I’m sure they are thrilled to be free at last!

IMG_0794

We got to spend lots of time with my sister (Amanda) and Hannah.  Hannah is such a big girl and about a million times more active than Emory (even though they are 4 months apart).  Emory was content to ride on her car while Hannah pushed her.  It was possibly the cutest thing ever.  Emory was actually being kind to Hannah at this point.  She still hasn’t worked out the whole sharing thing.

IMG_0908IMG_0911

Liberty and Uncle Shane playing iPhone games

On Monday, we were home alone because everyone had to work.  We decided we would go to Rochester and visit Lilly’s sign (this is what Liberty calls it).  My parents just recently had some work done at the cemetery and I was anxious to see it.  They had concrete curbs poured around our family plot and had the granite markers set on the concrete.  It looked SO nice.  We also decorated Lilly’s tree for Fall.  We always have such a great time doing this.  It’s special for all of us to have something of Lilly’s to take care of.  Obviously Emory doesn’t have any idea what we are doing, but she has fun.  She loves opening and closing the little picture frame with Lilly’s picture in it :).  She will not grow up knowing her sister, but she will grow up having all the memories of decorating that little tree in honor of her sister.

IMG_0868 IMG_0869 IMG_0873Thus ends our “Fall Break.”  We are back to it on Monday.  So thankful for our flexible schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment