Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All about me!

Ok, lot my friends have been sharing a few interesting things about themselves on their blogs, so I decided to join them. I can't promise that these are interesting, but maybe a few things you didn't know about me.

1. Being a mom is my favorite thing in the world. I truly feel called to it.

2. My husband is my favorite person--even if I don't always act like it. I love that he makes me laugh.

3. I have attended 8 different colleges in 3 different states.

4. I finally graduated from OU last year.

5. I have a pilot's license from OU. I haven't flown a plane in over 4 years.

6. I co-founded an organization called Hope Link to support mothers in the metro area who have children with rare diseases.

7. My oldest friend is Mary Jesse. We have been friends since the 7th grade.

8. My favorite foods are nachos and french fries.

9. I was born in Hawaii and also lived there for a couple years after I graduated from High School.

10. I love the beach!

11. Taking care of Lilly was both the most difficult and most wonderful thing I have ever done!

12. I am going to home school all of our children.

13. My favorite music is classic rock and classic country.

14. My favority band is U2.

15. My favorite tv shows are House and American Idol.

16. I hate fish. I refuse to eat anything that ever lived in the water.

17. I would love to visit Egypt some day.

18. At some point I want to get a graduate degree.

19. I am a native Texan, but I love living in Oklahoma.

20. I have been a Christian since I was 11 but only in the past couple of years have I really begun to understand what it is to love and be loved by my Savior.

21. I LOVE the Lord--even if I don't always act like it.

22. I served in the Air National Guard for 8 years, in three different states. I have never been deployed.

23. I love to read and I am currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

24. Someday I want to write a book about Lilly's life and our experiences with her.

25. I love to sleep. I consider it a hobby.

26. I refuse to take part in My Space or Facebook. Primarily because I'm lazy and have no desire to communicate with people from my past.

27. I hate talking on the phone. Text messages and email are the greatest technological advances ever!

Ok, there it is, Amy in a nutshell, whether you wanted to know it or not.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Your #26 and #27 cracked me up because that is SO me! Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your "oldest" friend??!!??
    Amy, watch it! My 29th birthday is in a few weeks, and I'm sensitive.
    Well, you're my "oldest" friend, too! :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 26 is funny.

    I love you Amy. Call me soon!

    ReplyDelete