Friday, January 30, 2009

Scrapbooking

After several days of being cooped up, Liberty decided we should work on our scrapbooks. We ventured out on Thursday morning to buy special supplies. The roads were great, but the parking lots were a slushy mess. Luckily we were just stopping by Dollar Tree and McDonalds. We made it home safely and started on scrapbooks. I started a new book for Liberty that I am going to record all her "firsts" in (1st bball game, 1st fish, 1st camping trip, etc...). Liberty started a book with multiple themes :).

Getting started.


I do not fancy myself a scraper by any means. I am absolutely terrible at it and it takes me forever. We worked all day and all I managed to do was decorate the cover of the book and make the first page. By the end of the day Liberty has already completed 8 pages!

The cover of my new scrap project.


Liberty's first page.


I really enjoy working on these projects even though I'm not that creative. I dream of having the craft closet full of organized shelves of paper, stickers, embellishments of all sorts, and tools and gadgets that I can create anything with! Unfortunately, I am very limited in supplies and have to make due with what I have. One of the reasons I don't scrapbook very often is because it is such a mess! Within the first 5 minutes we had stuff spread from one end of the table to the other.
Nonetheless, we are making the most of our snow days and spending wonderful time together. I have such a special, creative little girl. Without her prompting, I never would have dragged all this stuff out. She is so much fun!


1 comment:

  1. I totally love to scrapbook. Do you want to join my family during our once a year scrapbook party? No wait...don't even answer. You WILL join us! They would totally love to have you! They already love you and hopefully since you have met them....you love them too!

    ReplyDelete