Thursday, December 3, 2009

5 months olds

Wow!  This year has flown by and now Emory is 5 months old.  She is so much fun.  She is officially older than Lilly was when she first got sick.  It is a milestone I have been anxiously waiting for.  Even though she demostrates daily how different she is from her sister, I am always anxious for her to do things that Lilly couldn't do.  So, on to the things that make Emory special and wonderful.


She has recently discovered that if she puts her fingers in her mouth and blows that she can make lots of cute noises and bubbles.  She spends a great deal of the day amusing herself in this way.  She often stick her fingers, or in some cases her hands, so far into her mouth that she gags herself.  However, this doesn't seem to discourage her.

If her hands aren't in her mouth, she is diligently trying to place some other object in there.  As she gets her hands on something, it immediately gets shoved in her mouth.  Her hand/eye coordination is getting better every day.  She can usually grab whatever she is after.  She is still trying to master the art of actually holding onto things.


Emory and Hannah (her cousin)
My favorite accomplishment so far is her new ability to roll over.  I was really discouraged at her four month appointment when she was showing very few signs of wanting to roll over.  Her pediatrician told me to call her if she wasn't rolling over by 5 months because that could be an indication of a gross motor delay.  Needless to say, as 5 months drew closer I started to get a little panicky.  However, just days before the deadline, she managed to roll from her stomach to her back!  I am so proud of her.  Since we have been practicing, I actually managed to catch her rolling over for the first time on video.  (please try to ignore my very loud praises :))

My biggest problem with Emory is that there doesn't seem to be a diaper on the market that can contain her...umm...poo.  Just about every single day she has a major blowout that requires a complete change of clothing.  Unfortunately this often happens in stores and restaurants.  Scott has even began to question my ability to properly put on a diaper and has asked me to visit the website to ensure I am doing is correctly!  I guess I am going to start putting her in size 3 as soon as the 2s run out.

Emory loves Liberty.  She laughs at Liberty more than any other person.  It is so sweet.  They seem to have such a special connection.  I hope it will always be that way.

Just last week Emory got sick for the first time.  Thankfully, it isn't anything major.  It seems like an allergy.  Her has watery eyes, runny nose, and sneezing.  All that remains is a stuffy nose.  She never seems discouraged by the fact that she can't always breathe out of her nose.  She is such a good baby.

More miscellaneous facts...
  1. She still loves to sleep with her fuzzy blankie although she is much less fussy about it than last month
  2. She still has blue eyes
  3. She weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pounds
  4. She has virtually no hair and what little she does have is dark blond
  5. She still smiles and laughs more than any other baby I have ever known
  6. She has discovered her feet.
  7. She is so close to being able to sit unassisted.

She is truly amazing.  Scott and I always talk about how very special she is.  I am so thankful for God's goodness and for His sweet words of encouragement.  We are so so so in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment