Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

Whoo Hoo, a white Christmas.  I'm not sure why that always seems so exciting, but Liberty was thrilled.  On Christmas Eve my camera decided to stop working!  Thankfully I was able to pull some pics off my video camera.  This year we decided to keep things simple and Liberty only got a few presents.  Since she was only getting a few, I chose them very carefully.  Her "big" gift was a child-size cot.  She absolutely loved it!  Since all four of us sleep in the same room, it is quite crowded.  Liberty has been sleeping on a regular sized cot that took up a ton of room.  When Scott saw this on QVC a few weeks before Christmas I knew I had to get is for her!

The sleeping bag snaps to the cot so it doesn't slip off

Emory enjoying Liberty's cot

Another important part of Liberty's gifts were Barbie accessories.  She is very much into her Barbies right now and she needed new clothes as well as more Ken dolls or "Boy Barbies."  In the above picture you can see that Emory is playing with Liberty's new Ken doll or "John" as she has named him.  The pink tux is also new because her Ken doll did not have proper wedding attire :).

The final gift was a set of Lincoln logs.  Liberty loved these so much that after Christmas Scott and I decided to buy her another set.  She now has the Winter Woodland and the Frontier  Junction sets.  My dad got on eBay to see if we could find more and we stumbled on sets that have hundreds of pieces.  That's next on the list!  Soon she will be able to build an entire Lincoln Log city!

Lincoln logs

Emory only got one gift from us to open on Christmas day.  It was a shopping cart/highchair cover.  She really like playing with all of Liberty wrapping paper!  Plus, I was super excited that she was able to sit up by herself to open presents.  What a big girl!

Scott and I usually decide beforehand how many gifts we are going to get one another or at least decide on a price limit.  This year he refused to even hint at how much money he was spending or how many there would be.  He gave me at $50 limit for him and told me he wanted at least 5 gifts.  My gift arrived in the mail a few days before Christmas.  When Scott got home he was so excited that he let me open it immediately.  It was a Kindle!!!!  Needless to say, he broke all the rules this year and I am super excited about it.  I downloaded my first book, "My Life in France by Julia Child, right away.  I won't bother going into details about Scott's gifts because they were significantly less exciting than my Kindle. 


The girls watching Scott open one of his presents.  Liberty was just as excited to watch him open presents as she was about opening hers.

On the Monday after Christmas, my parents and my sister's family came to our house from Texas to do our extended family Christmas. It was a blast for Liberty to get to do the whole present thing all over again.  My parents, of course, overdid it and brought a ton of gifts!


Look at all those presents!



One of Liberty's big gifts from her Nana and Papa was a huge "walking doll."  She comes up to Liberty's shoulder and Liberty has named her Isabella.


Emory and her cousing Hannah (6 weeks)

We have had an absolute blast.  I baked tons and ate way too many sweets.  Even though the holidays are so fun, I am definitely ready to settle back into our routine.  I am also really looking forward to 2010!


No comments:

Post a Comment