Friday, December 18, 2009

G is for Goat

Jesus died for my sins

Wow!  I am a terrible blogger.  It has been several weeks since my last post.  I'm not going to bother catching up on what we have covered the last couple of weeks, I am just going to start back up with this weeks unit wrapup.

This week we studied the letter G, Goats, and farms.  We talked about how pople used to offer animal sacrafices to the Lord for their sins.  We then talked about how Jesus came to die for our sins and now we no longer have to sacrafice animals.  I thought it was a completely fitting lesson coming into the Christmas holiday.  I'm not sure Liberty is grasping the whole concept of sin and Jesus' sacrafice, but I know she is storing these things in her heart.

We did a few fun goat and farm crafts this week.  I must admit that most of these ideas were not mine.  I found a couple of really good websites with fun farm activities.  No need to recreate what someone else has already done so well :).

One of the crafts was an animal mother and their babies book.  Liberty learned what each baby animal was called and then practiced drawing each animal.  It was really fun.  I hate to admit that I didn't know some of the baby animal names and had to look them up!  We also made a goat out of a template and toilet paper roll.  This is super easy and if you have little ones they can participate too.  Both of these websites also have tons of other farm activities for PreK and K. 

I have been really bad about getting to the library that past couple of weeks as well.  I am blaming it on the holidays, although I'm not sure that is a good excuse. Thank God for the internet!  However, we did manage to read two books.  Check them out.


Liberty is also starting to read sentences with short vowel words.  It is so exciting.  She is getting better at recognizing some of the words without having to sound them out!

I hope once we are through the Christmas season, I can get back on track and get more organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment