Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The day Jesus came to get Lilly...

Last night on our way home from bible study, Liberty asked me to tell her the story about when Jesus came to get Lilly.  Her questions about Lilly pop up at the most random times, but I cherish every opportunity to share with her about her sister's life and about our Savior.  This story, however, is particularly difficult to recount--that day being the absolute most difficult day of my life.  Scott and I have always encouraged her questions and we have always tried to be very straightforward and honest with her, sharing more and more as she is emotionally ready to process it.  So, after a deep breath, I told her the story.  I told her how I was sitting beside Lilly when she stopped breathing.  I told her about how the nurses and the doctors rushed in.  I told her about how I picked Lilly up and held her in my arms rocking and praying for her.  I told her about how I was still rocking her when Jesus came and took her out of my arms.  Liberty loves the idea of Jesus coming to get Lilly--it makes her happy, not sad.  Usually our conversations about Lilly end with us discussing what Heaven must be like.  Liberty said "When I get to Heaven the first thing I'm going to do is run to Jesus.  Then, I'm going to run to God.  Then, I'm going to find Lilly!"  How sweet is that!?  Instead of talking about what Heaven would be like though, the conversation turned to who we would like to meet when we get to Heaven.  This basically resulted in listing every person we could think of from the Bible.  When we got to Paul, Liberty launched into the story of Paul's life.  It was absolutely priceless.

It is such a joy to share with her all of our joys and trials and what God is showing us.  It is so encouraging to watch how she processes things and how her little heart is so trusting and can barely grasp the concept of evil.  I am cherishing this innocent time in her life because I know it won't last forever. I am also so very thankful that the Lord entrusted three precious little girls to us.  I am honored to be their mother and thankful that God uses them to reveal Himself to me.

Thank you Lord for Liberty.  Thank you for using her to heal my heart and to draw me nearer to You.
Thank you Lord for Lilly.  Thank you for using her to show me what is really important and to draw me nearer to You.
Thank you Lord for Emory.  Thank you for using her to stretch my faith and draw me nearer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment