Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine's Cards

Liberty LOVES making Valentine's cards.  She makes them all year long :).  This is the first year we haven't been in a group to exchange cards.  So, I decided we could still make cards and then just mail them to our friends and family.  I found the cutest idea for cards in a magazine.  It's definitely a little more hands-on, and needs quite a bit of supervision.  However, it is really fun and they turned out too cute!

The idea in the magazine was extremely generic and required that I copy and enlarge the template.  Since my scanner at home doesn't do that, I decided to create my own template and share it!  I tried this project with several different types of paper and craft foam.  While the craft foam was easier to pull the needle through, it didn't fold very well and made the envelope bulky.  It also ripped very easily.  It definitely works best with card stock.  I also added clear contact paper to it as well.  The contact paper made it more durable and it ripped less when the needle was pulled through.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment