Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beatrix Potter Coloring Books

My family and I were downtown Guthrie this afternoon cruising the Antique stores and I stumbled across the amazing coloring books.  I grabbed them up because I didn't know if they were vintage and if I could still get them online.  They were in perfect condition.  When I got home I started looking online to see if I could still get them and was amazed to find that Dover Publishing has so many coloring books that go along with some of the great classic children's literature.  I was able to fine the Tale of Peter Rabbit coloring book on the Dover Publishing website, but the other two I could only find on Amazon (and at a much higher price than I paid today).  What a fun supplement if you want to study Beatrix Potter or any other classic children's literature for that matter.  Liberty LOVES to color.  I know this will be such a fun way to get her more involved in the stories.  Oh, and the coloring pages are the actual outlines of the original watercolors.  Plus, the unabridged text is part of the coloring books so you don't necessarily need the hard copies in order read them.


No comments:

Post a Comment