Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fishing and Kite flying--Fun in the sun

I love summer.  I don't care if it's 100 degrees.  It beats 30 degrees any day!!  First on the agenda for summer family fun was fishing.  We have a friend here in Guthrie that lives right on the lake and has a wonderful dock.  It is a wonderful private place to take the girls fishing.  We loaded up with a picnic lunch and headed out.  I must admit I am not much of a fisherman.  I did a lot of fishing growing up but truthfully I'm just not into touching worms and fish.  Liberty feels much the same way about touching worms and fish, but she loves to go fishing.  She usually just has someone else (not me) bait her hook and take her fish off the hook should she actually catch something.  For the most part, Nana, Papa, or her Daddy are happy to accommodate her.  This trip, however, she decided that she was brave enough to not only touch her own worm, but bait her own hook. 
Even after catching two good sized bass, we were unable to get her to touch the fish.  I personally don't blame her, but I do feel she made some significant progress this summer with the touching of a worm.
Emory and I spent most of the time sitting in the shade. It was so nice just to sit outside and relax.  Emory loves playing in the grass.  She doesn't often have this opportunity since our yard really isn't conducive to crawling around in.
The next day we got up earlier than usual and headed to Krispy Kreme for breakfast.  The closest one is about a 30 minute drive.  Since we were close to Lake Hefner we decided to take the girls to the park.  We stopped on the way a bought Liberty a kite.  Maybe I should have spent more the $1 on the kite.  Scott spent more time getting in up in the air than Liberty spent actually flying it.  Despite this, Liberty had a blast.

Emory scooted around and played with a red ball that I bought her.  She is loves to play ball and is so excited now that she can actually throw the ball herself.  I primarily like taking Emory out in the sun because that means I can put a hat on her, which is possibly the cutest thing in the world :).

So far our summer has been so enjoyable.  In addition to just spending time outside, we also bought a big Easy Set pool (that experience deserves a blog post all its own) and have enjoyed the Drive-In Theatre.  I love the laziness of summer and all the fun activities!!  More fun to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so fun. I'm with ya in the loving summer department! I was so excited to see that you have done the drive in! That is on our list of to do's for family fun day!

    And, a simple red ball, one of the biggest pleasures in life...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete