Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We're Expecting!

Our newest little addition should arrive sometime in December.  We are so excited.  I feel like I have been praying for this sweet baby for so long.  Although I realize it hasn't really been too long since Emory isn't even two yet!

Even though we have been hoping to conceive, this pregnancy truly came as a shock to me.  Last Wednesday we were on our way home from church and I was complaining about how nauseated I had been feeling for the past few days.  Scott and Liberty started joking with me that I was pregnant.  By the time, we got back to Guthrie I was feeling so paranoid that I stopped at Walgreen's for a pregnancy test.  It was about 8:30 p.m., and I took the test immediately when I got home.  I really couldn't believe it was positive.  It took all my will power not to take the other test immediately.  Instead I waited til the next morning.  Of course, the second test was positive as well :).  Scott and I have never been good at keeping our baby news secret.  So, even though I am only 7 weeks, the whole world gets to know :).

Liberty is very excited to be a big sister again.  I am so thankful because until recently she wasn't sure she wanted us to have any more children.  She didn't leave my side for a full 24 hours after we told her.  I really think this is the first pregnancy that she will really remember so it should be so fun.  She is also very excited that Emory will get to be a big sister now too :).

As previously stated, I am already feeling quite yucky.  It isn't too terribly bad though and I'm hoping it won't get any worse.  The morning sickness gets better with every pregnancy, right?  Or, is it that the older I get the harder it is?

We haven't decided on prenatal care yet or where we will deliver the baby.  Right now I'm leaning toward OU Midwives.

I hope you will join us in celebrating and praying for this new little life! 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations. I had great experiences with the OU midwives... go w/ Leanna Harkess. :)

    ReplyDelete