Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had lots of activities this weekend and so much fun. Friday night we went to the memorial tree ceremony at OU Children's Hospital. Each year the hospital puts up a tree specifically for children who have died and families can come and place ornaments on the tree as a memorial to their child. It was a sweet little ceremony and, of course, Liberty really enjoyed putting Lilly's ornament on the tree. I was really impressed by how well everyone there seemed to be doing. It was a time to celebrate our children and put aside our grief for a moment. It was nice.

After the ceremony we went ICE SKATING! Liberty has been looking forward to it all week and I decided she was finally old enough. Every Christmas downtown is turned into a Christmas paradise--full of fun, winter activities. The outdoor ice rink was really cool. When we got there we had to wait in a huge line and I was worried that the rink would be too crowed for 3 amateurs. Nonetheless, we all got our ice skates and headed to the rink. Scott was immediately hating me for thinking this was a good idea :)








I just knew all three of us were going to end up piled on top of each other the minute we stepped on the ice. The first lap was a little rough. It took us at least 15 minutes to get around and Liberty must have fallen at least 200 times--with me holding on to her. Depite the slow start, Liberty got the hang of it really fast and soon refused to let me hold on to her. It didn't matter how many times she fell, she just kept getting up and going for more. Scott gave up after about the third lap and headed for the wall to watch. By this time, Liberty wanted to see how fast we could go. Without Scott holding us back, we blazed around the rink! :-) It was such a fun time and a great memory.
On Saturday, Liberty had her first basketball game. If you have never watched 4 and 5 years olds play basketball, you are missing out. It was the cutest thing ever and highly entertaining. Here's Libs in action. She actually got to shoot the ball once. She was so excited and came running down the court to tell me that she had scored! In reality, the ball didn't come anywhere close to the the goal and actually one of the refs caught it. Regardless, she was very proud of herself.
Saturday night we went to our neighbors house for a party. I wish I had brought my camera. Liberty decided to take part in the Guitar Hero game. I have never laughed so hard. She was jamming like a true rock star and entertaining everyone in the room. Surprisingly enough, she actually hit a few of the right notes. In the middle of one performance she stopped and turned to our friend Randy (who was playing the other guitar) and said "You're going down." She then turned and continued to rock out. It had everyone rolling. She is such and entertainer--give her a microphone and any musical instrument and she will give you a show!
That pretty much ended the weekends activities because Sunday I woke up and had no voice and I still don't. Liberty and I have been fighting colds for a week now and I'm sure the change in weather isn't going to help. On a positive note, the morning/night sickness is getting better. I'm still really tired though. My neighbors sweet mom reminded me on Saturday that I'm not as young as I was when I had the other two. Gee thanks! Hopefully my energy will return soon!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOhhhh. I love the pictures. Liberty is so beautiful and so are you! I miss you guys like crazy. I wish so badly we were coming to OKC for Christmas. GRRR.

    ReplyDelete