Thursday, December 11, 2008

Haas Family Christmas Tree

This past Saturday we went to get our Christmas Tree. Ever since Scott and I have been married, we have gotten a real tree. Usually we just go to Lowes or something, but the past two years we have gone to a Christmas Tree farm just right down the road from us. Last year Scott went alone because it was way too cold for Lilly. However, this year we decided to start a new tradition and the three of us went out together to cut down our own tree. As you can see, Liberty was done after about 30 minutes of hunting for the perfect tree. You would think that a fussy little girl would speed us on our way, but no, it took us at least another hour to find "the tree."
Its a 9 foot beauty.

Poor tired girl!


This was taken before it got so hot we had to get rid of the coats!

My manly husband cutting down our tree! You can see Libs doing her part--holding up the tree :)

There are already tons of presents under the tree. I must admit Scott and I both went a little crazy this year. Usually we keep things very small--just a couple of gifts for each of us. I don't know, this year we just felt like splurging a little! My family is coming to us this year for Christmas this year. I am so thankful for that. It will be nice for all of us to be together and us not have to drive.

Yesterday we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was racing along at 173 bpm. It was a glorious sound to my ears. In the coming weeks we will be doing a level 2 ultrasound. We will probably do at least 2 of these as a precaution. Please continue to pray for our little ones health. Pray that the baby will be healthy. But most of all the he or she will be exactly what God has planned and that our hearts will be prepared for what He has in store for us.

3 comments:

  1. You had a fun time there. Excited to see your decorated Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 173 huh? Once again...sounds like a boy to me!! Are you annoyed with me yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Marianne, sounds like a boy. I'm glad y'all were able to splurge and spoil yourselves a bit this Christmas! I pray that God will continue to bless you as you add to your family!

    ReplyDelete