Monday, March 2, 2009

Family Fun

A couple of weekends ago we headed to Texas to celebrate my Great Grandpa's 90th birthday! It was tons of fun. Grandpa wasn't expecting a big production, but tons of family surprised him by coming in. My sister and her kids came in from Pennsylvania, his two daughters (my grandma and great aunt), and two of their kids, plus two of my cousins and their kids all came in from Indiana. He was so excited to see everyone and it was so great to spend time with family we haven't seen in years!
Grandpa enjoying his cake and presents!
All the kids had a blast. There was plenty of activities planned to keep them busy and it was nice and warm so we could get outside. We kicked things off with bowling, which is one of Liberty's favorite things to do. The outing landed Grandpa in the hospital for about 24 hours because of a bad fall :(. Despite the fact, that he couldn't walk, he still enjoyed having everyone around.
Liberty Bowling
Check out this HUGE fish Liberty caught!
She loves to fish and has actually gotten quite good and casting and reeling. However, she still refuses to touch a worm or a fish. Someone has to bait the hook and remove the fish :).
Liberty and Cutie Pie
Last summer my Dad decided it would be great if the kids had a horse. He ended up with two little ponies. The kids absolutely love riding. Dad just leads them around and they can't get enough!
Lilly, Justin, Payne, Liberty, Madi, Bradley. All of our kiddos.
It's so hard to believe that we are all grown up now with kids of our own. I remember playing with my cousins when we were just barely older than our kids are now. Time really has a way of flying, especially when I am rapidly approaching the big 3-0 :(.

1 comment:

  1. I can not WAIT to see you guys this next week! I also can't wait to start working on your "angels" frame!!! I need to finish Liberty's camo frame before I come. I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete