Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Heaven

I find myself overwhelmed this morning with a longing to see my Jesus face to face.  One of the most precious gifts God gave me when He took Lilly home was a true an honest longing and anticipation for Heaven.  As Christians I think we often see our eteranal home as the end of our journey rather the beginning of our journey.  The thought of heaven sounds really great and one day we hope to find ourselves there, but we would rather stay earthbound as long as possible.  What I have learned is that there is nothing this world can offer that comes close to what Jesus is preparing for us (John 14:2-3).

I was listening to this song by Chris Tomlin this morning and I captured a vision for Heaven like never before.  My favorite part is at the end when he sings "my faith will be my eyes."  Oh friends, one day we are going to see it!  We are going to stand in front of our Savior!  I  am going to see my little girl standing among the angels singing "Worthy is the Lamb!"  I wish it was today.  Come Lord, we are waiting anxiously!!!!


There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, "it is well"
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
Chorus:
I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise
There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes
And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "worthy is the Lamb"

No comments:

Post a Comment