Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home School Convention 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year--better than Christmas!  I love it--rows and rows of books and curriculum, learning games and toys, gadgets, maps, and denim skirts as far as the eye can see.  Spending the weekend with people who are just as crazy, devoted, and wonderfully normal as I am is so encouraging.  Plus, for just under the price of a private school tuition, I was able to purchase everything Liberty will need for the first grade.  Just kidding.  I didn't really spend that much money although I will admit that I found and purchased more than I had intended :).  In my defense, my husband (and devoted Principal of the The Haas School) was with me the entire time.

So, here is a complete list of the wonderful things I found.

My Father's World First Grade - I bought everything, the entire set!


Character Sketches - Volume 1 and Coloring Book by the Institute of Basic Life Principles
I cannot wait to get started on this book.  It looks so good.
Heroes for Young Readers Series Again, I bought the entire set, including the Activity Guides.  I think I'm going to use these as weekly history lessons.  They are so great.  Scott and I can't wait to introduce Liberty to non-fiction biographies.  We love them!


Watch Me Draw: The Zoo - Liberty's only request for the Convention was a drawing book that has an elephant in it.  Apparently she has a strong desire to draw an elephant but lacks the skills =).

After we purchased everything Liberty needed, Scott and I also managed to find a few things for ourselves as well =).

The Well Planned Day: A Family Homeschool Planner by Rebecca Scarlata Keliher - I can't wait to use this.  It looks so awesome!



The Backyard Homestead edited by Carleen Madigan - If the Haas family disappears one day, you can find us in Mexico on our own self-sufficient homestead.


Well, that's all I can think of (as if this isn't enough).  We had so much fun and even though we will definitely enjoy our summer break, I am excited about what is in store of 1st grade.
















1 comment:

  1. Our Convention starts on the 26th, we can't wait! I agree, it is better than Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete