Monday, May 17, 2010

Liberty's Kindergarten Graduation

On Saturday we had Liberty's Kindergarten Graduation.  I thought it would be fun to do something a little formal for her.  I wanted her to know how proud we are and how much she accomplished this year.  My parents and sister's family came in which made it more special for her.

I made her an extra fancy graduation cap, which she really loved.  Then, she got dressed up and sat in front of the family while did a little ceremony that lasted less than 3 minutes.  We also gave her a little Diploma--so cute.  The family brought her graduation gifts and then we went to Hideaway Pizza to celebrate.

I think she felt really special and had a lot of fun.  I especially love this picture that I got of her outside.  She looks so beautiful and grown up.




Before we started the ceremony I rehearsed the questions I was going to ask her so she wouldn't be nervous.  "What was your favorite thing about Kindergarten and What are you looking forward to in First Grade."  It was hilarious because you could tell she had tried to memorize the answers.  She answered the wrong question first and then forgot her rehearsed answer about her favorite thing about Kindergarten.

Scott said I should have talked about ALL the things she learned this year instead of only the three I mentioned.  That would have made for a much longer ceremony though and I'm sure everyone is aware that she learned more than just the things I talked about.

Our Graduate!


Yay!  Another new Barbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment