Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer

So, now that our first school year has wrapped up, I am trying to decide how we will proceed.  Do we take a summer break?  How long?  Do we stay on the public school schedule?  Do we continue some subjects throughout the summer but not all?  Needless to say, there are a ton of ways we can do it.

I have definitely come to the conclusion that we NEED a break.  By the time we finished up our curriculum a few weeks ago, I was really just winging it--must to the displeasure of my husband :).  We need some down time without any "formal" lessons.  I will also have time to go through the 1st grade curriculum and decide exactly what our schedule is going to look like when we start back up.

My plan is to officially start back to school sometime around mid-July.  We are taking a trip to Texas after the girls' birthday and when we get back we will start.  It will be a slow start because we have another trip to Texas planned in August.

If we start back in July, we should be able to wrap the year up around April (this is when we began to lose steam this year).  Then, we can take full advantage of the Spring.  This is the plan.  However, since I am still new to this, I anticipate to have to make adjustments along the way.  This is the beauty of home education though!

1 comment: