Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Emory Ayn 15 months...ish

This update comes at a random time since Emory is 15.3 months old.  However, she is doing so many cute things lately that I just had to share.  One of my absolute favorites is that she has actually started trying to crawl.  I just think it is so funny and cute.  She actually started doing this a couple of months ago and practices randomly.  She is getting better and better but always reverts back to her "crawl" when she is tired of practicing :).



So, that brings us to the fact that she isn't walking yet.  I joke about it alot, but truly I am not worried at all.  I know she will do it when she is ready.  She is getting so much better and much more confident.  Just recently she has mastered pushing her train and grocery cart around.  This is quite an accomplishment since we have wood floors, which tends to make all of her toys roll much faster than she can walk.  It is oh so cute!



She is still just as funny as ever.  I think she really likes to hear herself laugh.  She is always doing things to make us laugh.  She has started playing peek-a-boo with us.  It is hilarious because when she yells "boo" she actually just screams at us.  Again, this leads us to the fact that she is also not talking.  She communicates with gestures and grunting (and sometimes a lot of screaming).  This leads me to believe she is very smart.  She knows exactly what she wants and how to tell us without using words at all.

She is sleeping much better these days.  She takes two naps a day and sleeps for at least an hour each time.  She is also sleeping better at night.  Even though she wakes up multiple times, she is usually able to put herself back to sleep and she rarely sleeps with us anymore.

She is also eating better than she has been.  She is completely off baby food (pureed stuff).  She refuses to eat it.  She primarily eats things she can feed herself.  This makes all of us happy :).

Her hair is growing so fast all of a sudden.  I can pull it up in little pig tails that are just too adorable.  Its almost too long for the one ponytail on top of her head.  It's starting to look a little crazy :).

She is still in a copycat phase that I'm sure will last a very long time.  She wants to do everything her big sister does.  She has also started pretending, which is priceless.

She LOVES stuffed animals.  Her favorite is a stuffed horse named Pig (I have no idea, Liberty named her).

She still LOVES her binky.  I have tried to limit how often she has it, but it has been a total failure.  She points and grunts for me to follow her until she has lead me to where it is and then "asks" me to get it for her.  She is so smart and cute I just can't resist.  I know I will pay for it later.

She is such a joy--perfect in every way :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment