Saturday, January 7, 2012

Archer Flynn Haas

Archer Flynn Haas was born December 15, 2010 at 12:15 p.m.  He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 in long.  He showed us right away that he has a set of lungs.  Out of all four of our children, he definitely screamed the loudest and the longest!  It was a precious sound.



Big Boy!

The labor and delivery couldn't have possibly gone any better.  Although I had been having contractions off and on for 2 weeks, I didn't actually go into labor until Thursday.  I had a doctor's appointment that day and was already dilated to a 4.  My contractions started about 4 p.m.  I called my parents to let them know about my progress and they decided to go ahead and drive to OKC rather than risk missing the delivery.  I was so nervous that it was another false alarm since the contractions weren't regular yet.  Fortunately about 5 a.m. Friday morning the contractions were coming fast and hard.  I woke everyone up and we headed to the hospital.  Since my parents and my sister were all in town, we decided to take both Liberty and Emory to the hospital.  We were checked in and in our room by 7 a.m.  I totally chickened out and ended up getting an epidural :).  After that it was just a matter of waiting around.  By the time it came to deliver Archer, Liberty had decided she would like to stay and see her brother be born.  I had been trying to talk her into being in the delivery room for months but she insisted she wanted to wait with Papa in the waiting room.  I was so excited when she decided to stay.  So Scott, Liberty, Mom, and my sister were all there to welcome our little man into the world.  My OB was in surgery, so her partner ended up delivering Archer.  She was absolutely wonderful!  Overall our experience at OU was great.

Archer meeting the family for the first time.


We couldn't be more excited to be adding a sweet boy to our family.  It still seems so wierd to have a son!  He is so sweet and, of course, all of us just adore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment