Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Girls

Where do I even begin. Scott and I have been so incredibly blessed to be the parents of two amazing little girls.

Liberty is truly our joy. She is my best friend and a constant companion. I love her dearly and cherish watching her grow every day.
  • Her favorite food is pizza, PB&J sandwiches, and salad. If there was no other food on earth she would be completely satisfied with these 3 staples.
  • Her favorite games are cards (crazy eights, memory match, go fish) and candy land. She is a really sore loser.
  • She loves to play "school." Little does she know, she is actually learning because I make her do real assignments like practicing writing her letters, phonics, and math. She is SO smart.
  • She is the most affectionate child I have ever met. You aren't allowed to hug or kiss anyone else in the room unless she is included.
  • She adores her Dad.
  • She loves making new friends. Like her Daddy, she truly feels that everyone must know her and she must know everyone else. My social butterflies (I'm the complete opposite).
  • She absolutely hate bugs. Last summer Scott bought her a fly swatter so she could smack the bugs on the patio, so she wouldn't be afraid to go outside.
  • She loves to color and draw.
  • She loves music. It doesn't matter what kind it is. She will sing and dance whether she has an audience or not.
  • She's not afraid to try new things.
  • She is a very well rounded little girl. So far she has enjoyed tap dancing, gymnastics, karate, and basketball.
  • She hates to sleep in her own room. We are working on it, but most of the time she ends up in bed with us.
  • She loves to go on walks, but hates the walking part. She usually rides her 4 wheeler or her bicycle.
  • She LOVES Jesus and can't wait to get to Heaven. She tells me all the time that the earth is not our real home, that our real home is in Heaven! She is wise beyond her years.

I could go on and on about her. She is so easy going and truly a spectacular kid. I love being her mom.

Lilly was priceless and beyond compare. I miss her dearly and cherish every moment I got to spend with her.

  • Her favorite things to do was take a bath. When nothing else would calm her down and bath always worked.
  • She had the worst circulation. Her feet and hands were always so cold--just like her mommy.
  • Her eyes were blue. I cherished seeing them because I didn't get to very much.
  • She had the most perfect lips you have ever seen. You just had kiss them every time you looked at her sweet face.
  • Her entire body was covered in this really fine hair like a newborn. It was probably due to all the medication she was on.
  • She was on 12 different medications.
  • She recognized the sounds of our voices (me, Liberty, and Scott)
  • She loved her bean bag.
  • She loved her swing until she got too heavy.
  • She hated loud noises and bright lights.
  • She spent 1/3 of her life in the hospital.
  • She loved soft music.
  • Her tiny little body was covered in scars from being poked countless times and 4 different surgeries.
  • She weighed 26 pounds.
  • She loved to be outside (as long as it wasn't too hot or cold because she couldn't regulate her body temp).
  • She hated the swimming pool. I think the water was too cold.
  • Her skin was as soft as the day she was born.
  • She was so brave and fought so hard.

Lilly taught me so many things, I can't even list them here. She was so amazing and I loved fighting alongside her. I miss her so much and I can't wait to see that sweet face again.

This is just a glimpse of my beautiful girls. What a better person I am because of them. They are truly the best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy. Thank you for sharing somethings so close to your heart! You are so brave and I am happy to call you my Sister in Christ!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have placed a blog award on my latest blog for you. I pray that you will be blessed!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete