Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I must admit I am beginning this year with a little less gusto than normal. I'm usually so full of hope and ready for all the possibilities a new year brings. This year I just want so badly to see an end to so much suffering. We have had our share, of course, but I continue to watch so many of my friends struggle and fight battles with no victory. I am ready for the peace and pure joy that is coming with our Savior!

I don't feel all doom and gloom, however. We have grown so much over the past year as individuals and as a family. We are being transformed as Christ becomes more and more real to us and guides us through our purpose here on earth. I really am looking forward to what this year will hold for us and for the people we love.

I am so thankful for our little family. Liberty is growing so fast. She is so smart and full of life. This year Scott and I have watched her really blossom into a confident little girl who loves to try new and different things--even if its a little scary at first. She constantly pushes us to be better parents and challenges us with her intuitive questions. Scott continues to be our fierce leader, responding to change and new challenges with a seemingly endless source of optimism and energy. I, of course, am the glue that holds everything together (Ha! Not even close!) I don't respond nearly so well to change. I am, however, learning how to put my gifts to good use and hopefully making a small difference in the lives of the people I come in contact with.

I hope all of you can look back at 2008 and see how blessed you are and how much better for all the things the year brought--good and bad. I hope 2009 will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment