Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tough questions, simple answers

A friend of mine showed me this book today and I absolutely loved it! Its about a little girl whose best friend gets cancer and her parents have to explain to her why people get sick. Like Scott and I, many of you have already walked this road with your own children. Its an agonizing experience and I always wonder if I'm saying the right thing and if Liberty is actually grasping what I am trying to teach her. I always wonder if she understands how much Jesus loves her and how much he loves Lilly even though this terrible thing has happened. There are about a million books out there on this subject, but I have never seen one quite like this. It takes a really tough question like "Why is my sister, dad, mom, brother, grandma, or friend sick?" and gives this beautiful and complete explanation of sin, sacrafice, and the power of Jesus' redeeming love that even a four year old can understand. Even better, it breaks it down so YOU can understand.

Unfortunately we live is a fallen world and really bad things happen. BUT, that isn't the end of the story. Jesus came so that one day we will be reunited with our Creator in a sinless and perfect world. While we wait for the moment Jesus returns, there are still many opportunities to find joy and take pleasure in God's creation.

1 comment:

  1. We will have to have lunch again soon! Stay warm in this ice storm!

    ReplyDelete