Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gearing up for school

I have started this blog so I will have a place dedicated to blogging about our homeschool adventure. It will serve as both a record for me and a place to post the things Liberty is doing so all can enjoy.

We will officially begin our school year on Tuesday, September 8. I really wanted to make sure we had a good routine in our new home before we added the extra stress of school. I think we have finally achieved that goal and I am hoping starting school will be an easy transition.

We are using My Father's World as our Kindergarten curriculum. As I mentioned in previous blogs, choosing a curriculum was very overwhelming for me. Scott and I settled on this one while at the convention this year. It is all-encompassing and will cover everything she needs to learn in Kindergarten, including reading, writing, math, and science. In addition to these lessons, she will also do art and music at least once a week. Each lesson will take between 60-90 minutes to complete. Can you believe the Liberty will be able to learn as much and more than her public school counterparts in less than 2 hours a day? That is just one of the benefits of homeschool!

We are both so excited to get started. I know we will face some challenges as we develop a routine and find what works best for us, but we are ready. I still can't believe Liberty is ready to start school. We have been talking about it for so long. Where did the time go?

Check this blog often to see what our little princess is up to and how much she learning!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, you don't know me but I went to CJC with Scott. My maiden name is Jennifer Torrez. I was home schooled and wanted to let you know that I think it's awesome what you guys are doing. My husband and I just had twins and we've already decided that we will home school as well. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the slide show. - Rachel

    ReplyDelete