Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm Pregnant!

Wow! We are all still in shock, but so so excited. The pregnancy was planned, but we never expected to conceive so quickly. We have been discussing the possibility of having more kids for some time. The possibility of having another sick child has been very overwhelming and weighing heavily on our hearts. We have prayed through all the possibilities (adoption, IVF, etc...) and Scott and I both felt God's plan for our family was to conceive another child. Going through this process was not easy, but last month Scott and I both felt it was time to start trying. The timing was obviously perfect because almost immediately I became pregnant!

We are all very happy and already eagerly anticipating the arrival of our little one. We are holding tight to Jesus and believing that He will prepare us for what is to come. We know there is 25% chance that the baby will have the same disease Lilly had. We are not naieve nor do we pretend these odds do not exist. However, we believe God is ultimately in control and we will trust in His plan for our lives and that of our unborn child.

Please join in celebrating and praying for this precious new life.

--Amy

7 comments:

  1. I am so so so so excited for you guys! I'm also happy that you are going to do a blogspot! If you need any tips....let me know! =)

    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I'm a good friend of Marianne's and she introduced me to your Caring Pages earlier this year.

    I am so excited for you guys and look forward to following your journey on this blog.

    Blessings,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I have been a lurker on CarePages since before Lilly passed away (through Marianne!!!) and just couldn't passing commenting here!

    I also have a blogspot, feel free to drop by:
    spirittosoul.blogspot.com

    Pamela in TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I absolutely still in shock. I am so excited for you guys. It looks like you won't have to go to the baby store and get a new baby after all (words of Liberty) I am so proud of your faith. I have to say that I am a little disapointed that we aren't going to be albe to be pregnant together this time like always. In the same aspect I am glad that I'll be albe to send the little tike home when we are done having fun. I love you guys. I will continue to pray for all of you every day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    I'm a friend of Mark and Rachel Callarman's and I've followed along and prayed for you guys through Care Pages. Congratulations on this new precious life! And thank you for sharing with so many people - you are a real encouragement to many.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Guys!! We miss you! We won't be able to come to your party tomorrow as i just started school last week and John's mom is coming either tomorrow or wed. We will have to get together for lunch so we can catch up. Things have been so crazy! Love you guys, Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. PTL!! \o/

    I'm from the group on the Faith board and Highland's prayer group that has kept your family in prayer since almost from the first CarePage entry.

    What glorious news. It will be wonderful and a blessing to join you, follow along on your journey these next months. Liberty - well I just can't imagine what words will pop out of her creative mind1 lol

    Amy/Scott/Liberty - I praise our LORD and give Him loving thanks for this new blessing for your family. May His strong arm be around you all, protecting and developing this new child of the Haas family!

    In His love, grace and mercy

    Kathy
    Highland
    Abilene, TX

    ReplyDelete