Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tired!

I had my first appointment with my new OB today. She was really great and was immediately willing to help us pursue any type of genetic testing or counceling if we wanted. Scott and I both agree most of the test are not neccessary and would probably just cause us more stress since it is highly unlikely that the tests would turn up anything useful. I did, however, let her know I was concerned about heart and other organ problems and wanted to make sure we did every thing we could to catch any of these things as early as possible. I don't really anticipate their to be any issues since Lilly was born perfectly healthy (at least in those regards). I just think it will ease some of my stress if we check these things out periodically throughout the pregnancy. My next ultrasound is scheduled for next Wed. morning. Hopefully we will be able to see the baby clearly and most importantly that little heartbeat!

Today was the first day I have felt any nausea. I was still able to eat and at least there is no vomiting yet. I am praying its just a fluke and I will continue to nausea free! My biggest complaint is that I am SO tired. I really shouldn't complain. I know what it is to be exhuasted beyond my capacity to function and this isn't even close. It's just tired enough to be annoying. Like I would rather lay on the couch and watch tv rather than clean my house and getting up to get things for Liberty is highly annoying.

I can already tell this pregnancy is going to be different than my previous two. The biggest difference so far is that I am STARVING! With the girls I could barely eat at all and tended to lose weight rather than gain. This time I am predicting a much larger weight gain. My current craving is cookies. Not just any cookies, but Eileen's Cookies. Thanks to my dear friend Lydia for introducing us to the wonders that are these amazing creations. They make the most unbelieveable double lemon cookies and I'm perfectly willing to drive half way across town to get one (or a dozen). With Liberty I craved wierd things like soap. I would just imagine how great it would be to eat and entire bar of soap. Weird, I know, but totally true! With Lilly I craved lobster. I have know idea what lobster even tastes like. I refuse to eat anything that ever lived in the water. Nonetheless, in my mind, lobster seemed like it would be the best the ever. Pregnancy obviously makes me crazy!

Thanks for checking in on us and just keep praying for our precious baby's development and that the enemy would not use our past experiences to make us overly anxious and stressed!

2 comments:

  1. How funny about your cookie cravings! I didn't remember that you wanted to eat soap or lobster (which is probably worse than soap to you!)until I read your blog. Hopefully this time it won't get any worse than wanting cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It is sooo cute and I love reading about your life! Have a great day and go eat some cookies!!! Should we call you Cookie Monster?

    ReplyDelete