Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankgiving

We are traveling to Texas today to be with our family this Thanksgiving. We are all looking forward to it. We will also get to visit Lilly's grave this week. Her headstone was finally placed yesterday, which is perfect timing. I was so afraid it wouldn't be there in time for Thanksgiving and it would be another month or two before we had the opportunity to see it again. We'll take Liberty out there and decorate for Christmas. She is really excited and the thought doesn't seem to make her sad in the least. What an amazing example she continues to be for us. There is such freedom in her childlike faith. She isn't burdened by guilt, worry, sadness, and all the other things that seem to clutter our lives and blind us to things that are most important and eternal.

We continue to be overjoyed with the prospect of our new little one. I cannot imagine what God has in store for this little life. Liberty remains convinced that she is getting a baby brother. She now has Scott hoping for a boy. I cannot imagine having a little boy, but I honestly don't care. I lean toward boy only because people tell me the morning sickness will not be so bad if its a boy. However, if we are going on that, I definitely feel like its a Girl! I have been so sick the past couple of weeks. I am hoping and praying that the end of my first trimester will also mean the end of morning sickness! I am also less than pleased with the fact that I now only have two pair of jeans that fit. What! I'm barely 8 weeks pregnant. How can my clothes already be too tight?! Hmmm...maybe it was all the cookies I ate the first month before I started feeling so bad.

Ok, I am off to pack for all of us and run errands before we head out of town. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

--Amy

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get to see you guys! We'll be in Eastland Friday, so maybe we can meet up sometime then. I'll call you about it.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete